(real life examples below)
Email scams are nothing new. After all, that’s what caused the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (along with the involuntary assistance of a questionable industry of business).
We’ve noticed that within the last 2 years, email scams have taken a drastic leap to an even more annoying level.
These sort of emails are worded (both Subject Line and Email Body Text) with “trigger” words to scare you into believing what is being said is true. These trigger words do nothing but make you worry that your business is performing badly online. That couldn’t be further from the truth. These email scams are nothing short of that…a scam.
The main focus of these emails: Your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Rankings and Standings in Google
Most of the scam emails are targeting the one thing you don’t understand, Search Engine Rankings.
Why is this dangerous to you? What are these emails? Here’s a short list of points:
- 1. These are “cookie-cutter” emails. They are sent to the masses in the hopes that 1% of people believe them and pay these scammers money.
- 2. Even if you did want to believe the context of the email, you have no idea what term, keywords, or searches these “scammers” actually conducted to determine you are doing poorly in Search Engines.
- 3. Every company, every website will rank low using certain keyword and search phrases. Period. You cannot target and rank for every type of search conducted. It’s not logical and it surely is not realistic.
- 4. There usually is zero credible information about the sender.
- 5. The results the scammer may have detailed in the email body have zero credible proof backing them. Realistically speaking, there is no way they could provide you with real, true, concrete proof of any results for any website.
- 6. In order to achieve proper rankings, a respectable amount of work is required. If you have your website from Lyquid Agency, then you’re already a step ahead of the competition, but there is still more work needed past that. You must spend the time to write optimized content for your website as well as ongoing articles and news within your website as well (or purchase some of Lyquid’s SEO services). All other SEO services beyond focusing on the website content itself, are simply your “supporting cast” that assist in better Search Rankings overall.
- 7. Above all… Google, Bing, Yahoo, MSN, among others are smarter than a scammer. Scammers are not going to “write” optimized, uniquely written content for your website so that you truly gain better rankings. They are going to conduct “black hat” SEO techniques that will risk your website being BANNED from search engines.
The only way to climb up in search rankings is to take charge of your business website. Whether that is financially by hiring Lyquid to provide various “white hat” (legally recognized and proven methods backed by Google themselves) SEO services, or if you choose to devote the time needed and do it on your own. Every other way will do nothing but hurt your website and drain your bank account.
What are some correct, “white hat” SEO techniques?
- A well coded website, built with Search Engines and your users in mind. (Provided with all of Lyquid’s website plans – we don’t skimp on quality)
- A Sitemap (Provided with Lyquid’s Search Engine Plus and Kitchen Sink web plans, or via a la carte service)
- An XML Sitemap (Provided with Lyquid’s Search Engine Plus and Kitchen Sink web plans, or via a la carte service)
- Healthy and legally recognized “Back Links” to your website (Lyquid provides our premium Local Search Marketing service to cover this aspect – and it’s less money than the competition)
- Uniquely written content directly on your website (your responsibility unless you’d like to privately hire Lyquid to provide this for you)
- Ongoing and uniquely written “News and Updates” articles published directly on your website, not some third party blog service (again, your responsibility unless you’d like to purchase Lyquid’s News Publishing service)
Moral of the story…
When you are receiving these sorts of messages, “Trash” them and move on! Letting those trigger words enter your mind is going to do nothing but hurt your business.
Real examples of SEO Scams:
Hope you are doing well!
I thought you might like to know some reasons why your website is not getting enough Social Media and Organic Search Engine Traffic.
My name is Kevin Brown and I am a SEO Expert (Google Certified) working with a leading SEO service provider. As per my analysis and research, your website is not performing well in the Google Search and for which you are losing a lot of potential leads from your website.
Some of the aspects for low traffic for your website is given below:
• Due to Low Quality Back Links.
• Not featuring at first page of Google, Yahoo or Bing.
• Errors in the coding part of your website.
• Low Quality contents of your website.
• Google Penguin 3.0 effect on your website.
Our Solution for your website:
• We will give you 1st page ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
• Improve your sales and brand value with our online reputation management.
• 100% satisfaction guarantee or your full money back.
• Google updates secure or recover.
• Increase your traffic flow.
• HTML5 or Mobile Responsive Design for your website.
Note: I promise to provide you quality service with a reasonable cost, if we fail to achieve then money back.
We will be optimizing your website in the major search engines like: Google, Yahoo & Bing which results in improvements in keyword ranking, traffic, link popularity, goal conversion, and ROI in the first month of our work.
A HTML5 mobile responsive your website can get 50% increased traffic flow and our process can help achieve it. As a Responsive Design make your site more accessible to mobile phone, tablets, desktop etc. According to “Matt Cutts: Google Mobile Queries May Surpass PC Search This Year”.
Sound interesting? Feel free to email us or alternatively you can provide me with your phone number and the best time to call you to have a fruitful discussion.
Thanks and Regards,
Apologies for my cold outreach – I am a search engine marketing strategist with a leading firm and today I would like to tell you that your business website has scope for better online visibility including top ranks in Google.
I went down till page 2 of Google search on some of the relevant keywords, but couldn’t find your business. Your competitors are outdoing you. I also tried to look for your business on various Social media sites and really couldn’t find much else about you.
In last 2 years, a lot has changed the way Google ranked the websites. It’s more organic than spam unlike in the past. Fresh content, engagement, social noise, user friendly and device compatible sites are some of the key factors which are ruling the new age search engine optimization.
Let me know if we can discuss it further by jumping on a quick call or over the email.
If you are not the one responsible for your company’s online campaigns, please forward this to the concerned person as your timely action will benefit your company’s business.
If you’re not interested, I’d appreciate a quick “no thank you” so I can note to not follow up.
My name is Alina and I am an Online Strategist.
I’ve been tracking the success of your website while doing some research on your industry—I’m impressed with your company, but there are some real opportunities for growth that you currently are missing.
Are you interested in several proven strategies to use content and social media to drive relevant traffic to your site? In 20 minutes I can show you how to fuel your brand and generate more revenue from search engines and social networks. This is a $500 value free of charge. I’d like to follow up about this with a quick phone call. Can I call you this week to discuss your campaign?
Hope you are doing well.
My name is Aisha and working with a reputed leading Search Engine Optimization Company in India having the experience of getting our customer’s websites top in Google and producing high revenue with top page rank.
I was recently visiting your website and saw your website is not on first page on Google for most of the relevant and user oriented keywords pertaining to your domain so I was wondering
If you would be interested in getting very Affordable Search engine optimization done for your website.
Let me know if you are interested and I would happy to send you more details on this.
I look forward to your positive response.
We are a newly born company and we provide all in one online promotion service to local business owners like you. Now you didn’t have to worry to rank your website or business on top of Google as now we are here to provide you all inclusive service that every business needs to rank on front page of Google.Below we have mentioned some of the features that we are offering to local business owners to grow their business.
Here are the main features that you get each and every month:
1) Full Online reputation management of your local business with detail report every month.
2) Full Free website creation service.( If you need one! you have to pay the hosting charges extra)
3) Full seo high PR link building service for your local business website.
4) Full keyword research for your business to get the most online customers.
5) Testimonial video for your business.
6) Video marketing for your business.
7) Your private blog network for high rankings.
8) Unique articles for your website and your blog network.
9) Indexing service to index your links by Google.
10) Citation submission with your business details.
11) Online review filtering system for your business.
and many more services you didn’t even dream on a simple monthly recurring price.
Now, you didn’t have to pay 1000’s of dollars for this service because now you can get all this combine package in a very low and competetive price you never think of.
Our Prices are:
$250/Month for 6 month contract.
$200/Month for 12 month contract.
Contact us today!! for more details we will be happy to help you and grow your local business.